BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a question guys. I got a 1984 BMW 325E. one of my rocker arm for my valves is worn out and it's making a ticking noise on the car. ANd it seems like in order to replace that I have to take the whole engine head off because all the rocker arms are attached to a BAR. Does the whole head have to come off? or is there an easier way? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
not sure how I reposted that by accident or did I even do it. But I got rid of the 84 325e a while ago and picked up a 1991 318i a little weaker but a lot less problem.s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by will@Apr 28 2003, 10:23 AM
Just got a question guys. I got a 1984 BMW 325E. one of my rocker arm for my valves is worn out and it's making a ticking noise on the car. ANd it seems like in order to replace that I have to take the whole engine head off because all the rocker arms are attached to a BAR. Does the whole head have to come off? or is there an easier way? Thanks in advance.
[snapback]4037[/snapback]​
hey, if you ask a BMW tech, they will tell you that you have to pull the head off, but I think it can be done w/o doin that by just dropping out the radiator and pulling your rocker shaft out of the front of the car. That could be tricky though if any of the rocker arms want to stick to the shaft... its up to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts