BMW Werkz banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by Deloriant@Nov 12 2004, 01:22 AM
I just don't see why it matters if they know you have one...what states is it even illegal in?
[snapback]229082[/snapback]​
Every state that you can use a radar decector in, which is a majority. I've used V1s on many road trips, although I did get caught once when i got lasered, the cop was around a corner and he got me right when I turned, otherwise it's an amazing radar. The only other better radars are the ones that have sensors mounted discretley around the car and have a small blinking light somewhere on the dash. The price on those start above $1,000.00, but many of those companies, includeing Passport back up their radars by paying your speeding tickets. I'd research that claim for technicalities though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Kind of fucked up the laws in the USA - I dont understand how you can buy a radar in one area where it is perfectly legal, then when you cross into another state it becomes illegal - what makes it suddenly become illegal when you cross an imaginary line?!?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever - in Europe if you buy something in France then it's legal in Italy or wherever - and that's country to country - let alone county (state) to county in the UK?!

·
Registered
141 Posts
blackbmw: only one problem there mate, you can buy a radar detector in the uk, and use it over here, but you get a fine AND have it confiscated by the police if you get caught with it over in France.

Also, you have a much better chance of getting caught with it over there as the police have far more stop & search powers than the UK.

AND ANOTHER THING!!! The French police now take away your driving license if they catch you going 30 KILOMETRES an hour over the limit!! That's about 19mph over the limit!!!

Mad french peasants. Nice wine though :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Originally posted by eboy1978@Nov 18 2004, 09:10 AM
blackbmw: only one problem there mate, you can buy a radar detector in the uk, and use it over here, but you get a fine AND have it confiscated by the police if you get caught with it over in France.

Also, you have a much better chance of getting caught with it over there as the police have far more stop & search powers than the UK.

AND ANOTHER THING!!! The French police now take away your driving license if they catch you going 30 KILOMETRES an hour over the limit!! That's about 19mph over the limit!!!

Mad french peasants. Nice wine though :D
[snapback]233044[/snapback]​
not for long - they are trying to change the legislation - but you get my drift about the change in laws across states

and i agree - mad french peasants all the way :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
laser detectors are pretty useless arent they? since laser is an almost instantanious reading all it does is tell you that they know how fast your going. laser jammers are really the only things that can protect you against lasers.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Originally posted by catalyst.@Nov 19 2004, 06:05 PM
laser detectors are pretty useless arent they? since laser is an almost instantanious reading all it does is tell you that they know how fast your going. laser jammers are really the only things that can protect you against lasers.
[snapback]234049[/snapback]​
The principal behind laser detection is when you're in a pack, and a cop lasers a person in front of you, the laser beam shatters and the v1 picks up fragments of it, warning you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Radar detectors are legal in ohio. who told you it was illegal? It's only illegal in Virginia and Washington DC.

I've had mine for years and it has saved my ass many many many times and I only have a cheapie one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts