BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading the clutch & flywheel on my 325. For the clutch, stock M3 seems to be a great and cost-effective solution. I've been told that the clutch on the 3.2L M3 has a better pressure plate - my question is will it fit properly (I know the '95 will), is there any 3.2L year better than the rest, and do I simply buy the slave cylinder from the same year? I'm also choosing between a UUC, Turner and Fidanza flywheel. All are around 11.X pounds. Any opinions?

thanks. so many details... :idea2

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
i dont know about it fitting a 325 but i was looking at the same thing for my 328....i was told i would fit mine..... i carnt see why it wont fit as they are both 6 pot engines.......#

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need M3...
1. Clutch
2. Pressure Plate
3. Throwout bearing
4. Slave cylinder

All m3s have same clutch so doesn't matter what year m3 u buy it from, alothought the 96+ m3s have better pressure plates.
I think Fidanza makes the UUC flywheel, they are the same, either is a good buy.

You can't run the UUC/Fidanza/ TMS (probally too) flywheel w/o the m3 clutch kit. And you need all of the things listed above to do it. Im doin a whole buncha drivetrain stuff too. Good luck. If u have nemore ?s let me know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. thanks for the info. I actually found the clutch kit cheaper on www.importedcarparts.com - as long as they're not a scam site, it's a great deal. The '96 full kit is only $227 on this site ($284 retail, $$$ from dealers!). It should include the plate, disc and bearing, then the slave cylinder is only $35. I figure 5-6 hours for my local guys (Autohaus5. HIGHLY recommended to anyone in Chicago area) to install including the new items like cylinder and flywheel. Is that about right?

man I just got back from dropping a girl off and I sure want that extra 90hp that a S/C kit will produce... now if I can day trade enough.... B)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts