BMW Werkz banner

upgrading headlights

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
hi guys,
ayte im lookin to upgrade my headlights cuz i hate the stained plastic look. I have seen some on ebay that are glass ellipsoid projectors with angel eyes... basically everything im lookin for for like 300 dollars. are their any better deals anywhere and is there any name brand issues i might have? would that a good buy that will last.

anyone know where i can get a e46 m3 front bumper for my e36? thats the one front bumper i really want for my car.

also, i have a 1992 bmw with the miscolored bumper. I want to get it painted, any idea how much that would cost, for front bumper, back bumper, and side skirts.

thanks

#2 ·
Hi there,

Some of the offers on ebay are good stuff others are not.

There are 3 good quality brands on the market, such as I see it, Hella Cellis Upgrade kit (plug N play), IN-Pro kit and the US made version.(don't know much about it, but have read good things though)

The Hella kit is more expensive - around $550 - 600 shipped, but then again it's Hella (OEM).

IN-PRO slightly less expensive - and still a good quality.

US - made???

And below these 3 brands/version does quality drop.

#4 ·
e36?

for e30 just about the only upgrades is getting high beam bulbs (9005) for the normal low beams. I dont see the point in buying $300 headlights.

#5 ·
he's got a 1992, so that would be a E36 unless it was a cabrio. i think upgrading to ellipsoids on E36's is a great mod and well worth it imo. it makes such a huge difference in looks. and its also one step closer for HID's and angel eyes or DDE's. i feel the same way about the older E39's, but not so much for other models and not for E30's either.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Fox@Apr 30 2003, 04:59 AM
e36?

for e30 just about the only upgrades is getting high beam bulbs (9005) for the normal low beams. I dont see the point in buying $300 headlights.
oh and fox, there are a couple upgrades that look good for e30's. such as the US Ellipsoids and the Euro 'Smilie' Ellipoids, but like i said earlier it isnt really worth it for E30's, especially if u have sealed-beams.

#7 ·
yea, ive got the ellipsoids, and i hate them. Just having that stupid orb of light with a empty ring around it. Looks dumb. I never understood the smilie lights. The actual smily doesnt light up... theres just a city light at the top. Right? ive never seen these in person. I saw a pair of hella ellipsoid angel eyes on e30 once... they looked sweet. Ive seen the kits, but having the ring outside the lamp looks dumb. I think im gonna put a bush gaurd on my car, mount some KC fog lamps and go hunting with it. Man thatd be sweet lookin...

#9 ·
Originally posted by Gene@Apr 30 2003, 05:36 AM
Wouldnt it be better if u had xenon lights and then put the angel eyes? or i am wrong?
same thing :)

#11 ·
Im choosing to go with the umnitza lights with angel eyes.... Jllphan has them and they look crisp clean and amazing.... I saw those on ebay for 300 and i dont like em at all.... thats my opinon though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.