BMW Werkz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there are a few problems with this sound system...

One, the speakers crackle whenever I move the volume dial.

Two, I don't think all the speakers work all the time. The right rear one works continually, but I have to keep tapping the volume control to get the rest of the speakers working.

I thought this was a good time to look into a sound system upgrade. I currently have spots for two front and two rear speakers. However, I'd like to change that to eight total, four in front and back.

To change to eight, what would I need to do? I was thinking I could buy the tweeter speakers from a 325is ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2427081358 ) and rig it so that new tweeter speakers fit inside. Only problem would be that I would need to run wires from that spot, between the door and then to the amplifier. How would I go about adding two tweeters to the rear?

The way I understood what I've read so far, is that the I should have two tweeters and two speakers in back and two tweeters and two speakers in front. Am I right?

Once I cna figure out HOW things will fit, I need to figure out what I'm going to do. I have no idea what to look for. I do have a few questions:

1. Should I get a little sub? I don't want to use passenger space, so I'd want to put it in the trunk. I DO NOT want anything huge, just something that will give me some bass when I need it. Or, do I not even need a sub if my speakers can offer good enough bass?

2. New amplifier, I'm going to guess, is needed if I do anything but stock. Where would it go, and what would I get???

3. Headunit - What to look for? I'd like something that sorta matches and isn't so fancy that it clashes with the car.

4. Speakers - like I said, I have no idea what to look for...

I'd like to install this all myself. I could route my own wires, I'd assume, since I'll probably be doing a few other things at the same time. I just want a system that sounds awesome with the windows open. NOTHING that will rumble the road when I drive through a neighborhood. I CANNOT drive like that, much less drive next to a car with subs like that.

Ideas, suggestions, everything welcome.

Thanks! :thumbs

1 - 1 of 1 Posts