BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, NEW ON THE FORUM, LOOKING FOR SOME INFO. I HAVE A 98 540I WITH THE 6SPD AND I'VE BEEN DOING SOME UPGRADES. I GOT THE NEWER HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS AND SIDE MARKER LIGHTS. THE CAR IS NOW INFORMING ME TO CHECK HEADLIGHTS, CHECK SIDE LIGHTS AND CHECK TAIL LIGHTS. I FOUND SOME RESISTORS FOR THE FRONT WHICH SOLVED THAT PROBLEM, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THE OTHER TWO. ALSO HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A EASY FIX SO MY CAR CAN ACCEPT DUAL EXHAUST???? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
your car has a easy exhuast set up if you wanna hork over the cash M5 exhuast fits your car perfectly.

as for your other problem, the parts you got are they functioning correctly or are they not at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY, NO PROBS AT ALL. AS FOR THE EXHAUST WOULDN'T I HAVE TO CUT THE SPARETIRE HOLDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE 2ND CANISTER.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
the M exhuast should fit directly there are ways.

now to your problem there still might be to little or to much risistance/voltage/amperage and is causing it to register on the bcm in your car..

tell me was this made to directly fit your car or did you make the mistake of buying something that said universal? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TAIL LIGHTS CAME FROM A LATER YEAR 530, SIDE MARKERS I'M SURE ARE UNIVERSIAL. THE TECH AT BMW SAID SOMETIMES THE WRONG BULBS WILL MAKE THE CAR DO THAT, HOW CAN I FIND OUT??ERN

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
go to the bmw parts department with your bulbs and compare them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEY, THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, ALL NEW QUESTION. ARE THE ANGEL EYES DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS?? I GOT THE NEWER HEADLAMPS AND THERE IS TWO ADDITIONAL PLUGS ON EACH LAMP THAT THERE ARE NOT CONNECTORS FOR ON MY HARNESS?? AND THEY APPEAR TO BE THE ANGEL EYE PLUGS . IS THERE ADDITIONAL EQUIPTMENT THAT I NEED OR AM I SOL.THANKS ERN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts