BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to up gradeing speakers for 92 325I

right now i got a alpine Hu and waiting for a amp to power my w7

i remember a while back that some guy was selling a pice so u can put 6.5 or bigger speakers in the back...becuase the 92 325I is only 3 inch speakers and IMO they suck

so what should i do for bigger speakrs?

Thanks

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
why bigger? just get some nice clear speakers and a good 4 channel to push them its more than adequate to suit your needs.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Actually they are 5 1/4s in front and 4s in the back...i replaced mine....right now i have pioneer all around and are planning on getting a JL sub.....dunno what size yet....i have it all powered by a kenwood 650watt four channel amp...with a power cell...

Also I would like to get bigger considering these speakers will never hit hard....no matter what speakers i get....they don't make 5 1/4s or 4s that hit hard...i was thinking about cutting out a space for 6x9's in the back....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
ok fellas. if you want better sounding speakers then look for the ones that have the highest sensitivity. 91 dB or higher is your best bet. as far as speakers that "hit" harder what is the point if you plan on adding a subwoofer. 5 1/4 speakers can handle mid range frequencies quite well. you dont need 6X9's. midrange speakers are not designed to "hit" hard anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts