BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what they are called, but my one friend has an integra and he put blue lights under his dash on the driver and passenger side and has it wired somehow not noticable by the e-brake. I was wondering if any of you did this or know how to do it? Also how much do you think it would cost for the whole done deal and do you think its that difficult to install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by bimmergurl10@Jun 14 2003, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure what they are called, but my one friend has an integra and he put blue lights under his dash on the driver and passenger side and has it wired somehow not noticable by the e-brake. I was wondering if any of you did this or know how to do it? Also how much do you think it would cost for the whole done deal and do you think its that difficult to install?
there not that much money wise. i know that. my friend got his for like less then 30$ and his plugs into the cigarette lighter. but u can just cut the plug off and tap it into your standard 12v wire. :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
Originally posted by bimmergurl10@Jun 14 2003, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure what they are called
:p

RICE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape+Jun 15 2003, 07:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedTape @ Jun 15 2003, 07:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bimmergurl10@Jun 14 2003, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure what they are called
:p

RICE [/b][/quote]
...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
if your lucky enough to have your dad as a mechanic (free labor) then look into getting something like a nice exhaust, better brakes, or fixing any other kind of imperfections the car may have. neon lights= :sick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by MrM3@Jun 15 2003, 09:56 AM
if your lucky enough to have your dad as a mechanic (free labor) then look into getting something like a nice exhaust, better brakes, or fixing any other kind of imperfections the car may have. neon lights= :sick
my car= almost perfect. The only thing it needs is a new timing belt, then ima work on the exterior look of the car, such as exhaust, possibly a new paint job. That kinda thing. I really want the lights under the dash though..i love the way they look at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
i wish my car could be almost perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by [TMD]Kit@Jun 15 2003, 03:04 PM
i wish my car could be almost perfect.
at least you HAVE an m3! dude i would kill for an m3 omg..when i get enough money..someday it will be mine. ahh gosh they give me goosebumps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by Fruityone@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect
:goodness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by Ski+Jun 15 2003, 04:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ski @ Jun 15 2003, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect
:goodness: [/b][/quote]
:werd:
 
G

·
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 15 2003, 10:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 15 2003, 10:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:
:werd: [/b][/quote]
:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 15 2003, 06:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 15 2003, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:

:werd:
:huh: [/b][/quote]
:gulp
 
G

·
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 15 2003, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 15 2003, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:

:werd:

:huh:
:gulp [/b][/quote]
thats why! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 15 2003, 06:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 15 2003, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:

:werd:

:huh:

:gulp
thats why! :lol: [/b][/quote]
:werd:
 
G

·
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 15 2003, 10:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 15 2003, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:

:werd:

:huh:

:gulp

thats why! :lol:
:werd: [/b][/quote]
:thumbsdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 15 2003, 06:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 15 2003, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Fruityone
@Jun 15 2003, 07:47 PM
well he blew his motor on his car so...thats why he wishes it was perfect

:goodness:

:werd:

:huh:

:gulp

thats why! :lol:

:werd:
:thumbsdown [/b][/quote]
:ph34r:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
moo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
It's your car so do what you think would look best. The price is going to depend on the size of tube you get. The smaller neon tubes can go for as little as 10$, and you could probably use two of those (one per side) to get the effect you want. If your going to splice them into your 12v accessory outlet (or some other 12v lead) you should still use an inline fuse (rated the same as the one that comes in the plug) to protect the tubes from spikes, shorts, etc. It would be much cheaper to replace a fuse and find the problem than to replace the whole tube(s).

If done correctly (read: with taste) neon tubes can actually look pretty good, IMO. Overdoing it, of course, will always look like burnt anus.

Good luck, and show pics of how it comes out when you're done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jun 16 2003, 11:22 AM
It's your car so do what you think would look best. The price is going to depend on the size of tube you get. The smaller neon tubes can go for as little as 10$, and you could probably use two of those (one per side) to get the effect you want. If your going to splice them into your 12v accessory outlet (or some other 12v lead) you should still use an inline fuse (rated the same as the one that comes in the plug) to protect the tubes from spikes, shorts, etc. It would be much cheaper to replace a fuse and find the problem than to replace the whole tube(s).

If done correctly (read: with taste) neon tubes can actually look pretty good, IMO. Overdoing it, of course, will always look like burnt anus.

Good luck, and show pics of how it comes out when you're done.
wow..i'm so glad everyone got the quoting smiley faces outta their system lol. Thanks greendragon ur the only one who seems to think they'd look nice if done correctly..but with my father nothing can go wrong cuz he makes sure what i do is right. Its nice having a dad as a mechanic! :D
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top