BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turn signal switch needs replacement on my 99 323i. The right turn signals are continuously on until I either activate the left signals or the hazard switch. I have encountered similar problems with my 2002 and easily replaced the turn signal switch. How do you remove the steering column covers? Can this be done without touching the air bag mechanism? Does the horn and steering wheel have to be remove? Is this a DIY task or should I prepare to spend a couple of hundred at the local BMW dealer for a day's work?:help

· Registered
1 Posts
The turn signal switch needs replacement on my 99 323i. The right turn signals are continuously on until I either activate the left signals or the hazard switch. I have encountered similar problems with my 2002 and easily replaced the turn signal switch. How do you remove the steering column covers? Can this be done without touching the air bag mechanism? Does the horn and steering wheel have to be remove? Is this a DIY task or should I prepare to spend a couple of hundred at the local BMW dealer for a day's work?:help
You must switch off the airbags and mark and remove .and Yes the steering wheel has to be pulled. Though I think this is not a DIY job.Good Luck:facepalm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.