BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
"Pictured is a Aerodyne Aero Charger turbo charger that I removed from my 1995 BMW 325I"

Shouldn't be from the turbo deisal anyway, cuz the guy said he was in LA. It should work. if not, a turbo for under 300 is pretty good. You could always resell it.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
ok, did a little research. The turbo would work on a 325, but their life is not very long. people also complained of little power increase. Max boost is 10 psi.

·
Registered
990 Posts
why not?

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you ask me....I think that is a little shady. first of all he doesnt say if there is any shaft wobble or play.. so you dont know how old the turbo is and how much abuse it has had. looks almost like a home made setup for a 325i. there is no blow off valve on the charge pipe, and looks to me like there is a bunch of stuff missing. you will still need something to tell the map sensor that there isnt boost, just vacuum. and you will need to tap into the oil feed lines and oil return lines. another thing to consider is could this turbo be coolant cooled also? it will take a lot of work to make it fit your car, but if you have the knowledge and can get it for this price, that is a good deal. you can always sell the manifold and the turbo seperate and make some money! have fun whatever you decide

·
Registered
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, i have to agree with turbotec. as soon as i saw the pics, i noticed there was alot of plumbing and wiring missing from that kit, there wasnt even an intercooler. on closer examination, i reckon that is off of a turbo-diesel, the turbo unit looks OEM; the exhaust manifold isnt even mandrel bent, so you know its not built for aftermarket performance; look where the turbo sits, its only gettin full pressure from 2 cylinders. what a crap "factory" design.

it doesnt matter if the guy is in cali, doesnt mean the car has to be.

also.........

I think this guy is "playing stupid", so that he can get away with selling you a bunch of rubbish. He said that he "DECIDED" he didnt want a turbocharged car, so he removed the turbo, then states he doesnt much about turbos?!?! WTF, if that's not bullshit, what is? know one in there right mind would attempt a turbo/manifold removal unless they had ALOT of knowledge about them. how did he know it was an Aerodyne AeroCharger? converting a car back to normal aspiration takes alot more reverse engineering than just yanking out the exhaust/turbo, everyone knows that. this guy's story is bogus.

this guy is a FRAUD.........IMHO

·
Registered
126 Posts
dont buy a turbo from ebay unless u know everything about the speific unti ur buying, turbos are very quirky and u shouldnt fuck around with buying one unless u really know what ur doing or u really dont care for the $$$... aerodyne turbos are ill, their vatn technology is crazy, variable area turbine nozzle, which changes the A/R ratio depending on the boost desired and the rpms, if ur gonna turbo ur bim dont fuck around, do ur homework, and fifure it out, theres a lot of shit involved in setting up a proper turbo system, im reading a book about it called maximum boost, installing, even prepping ur engine and figuring out what kind of turb u need it complicated, find out the efficiency of the compressor, it should be at least 60%, wasgate shold be remote, integral is alright, but not as easy to manipulate as integral... ball bearing is good, ceramic shit is fragile, theres A LOT of stuff involved

1 - 12 of 12 Posts