BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recenltly purchased my good friends 1986 325e. A beautiful car, however I know very little about it. My other car is a turbo/awd eclipse. I am not looking to put a forced induction system on this car, but I would like to be able to tune a higher a/f ratio. I have an apexi safc, a laptop, a/f regulator,it even looks as though the intake has been modified with a ss pipe going to a k&n. Now this engine is designed for fuel economy, which i like, however i wouldnt mind expanding my top end power. Sounds like there are all sorts of chips out there, what about software? With my eclipse i could plug my palm pilot in to the serial port and run datalogging software, as well as a few differant software verisons on my laptop. Is there much in the way of speacialized software like this for beemers?

What is the route that most people go to free upsome power on these things? Is there any type of governor system on these cars I should be removing?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I know you like people to search for their answers first, which I have and will continue to do, but I appreciate any feedback.

cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the car itself is in great condition, and as a detailer myself i am going to be cleaning it up as much as possible. Just curious on the proper way to go about obtaining modest power gains.

·
Registered
1 Posts
comment

There is one more site that is good and I also have visited it,this has provided me such information that is really unique and the service that they offer also I have experienced, really I enjoy this service so I want to make an appeal to others please visit this and I want to tell you that after experiencing this service you’ll enjoy it again and again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.