BMW Werkz banner

Tree Sap

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Silver4evr 
#1 ·
Does anyone know any good was to get tree sap off of a car? I want something that is non abrassive, and that wont damage the paint. I tried just the regular car washing solution, but it wont come off.

G
#2 ·
Originally posted by anthony303@Jun 21 2003, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know any good was to get tree sap off of a car? I want something that is non abrassive, and that wont damage the paint. I tried just the regular car washing solution, but it wont come off.
id try buffing it out with some Scratch X as I have used that to get rid of residue left by bird crap...some dish soap is more powerful then car wash solutions, might wanan try to spot treat it with that first

but there is stuff espeically for bug and sap removal!

#3 ·
Originally posted by anthony303@Jun 21 2003, 07:31 AM
CLAY BAR AND QUICK DETAILER

:thumbs

#5 ·
Don't use dish soap. It'll ruin the clear coat.

#10 ·
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jun 23 2003, 12:30 PM
Don't use dish soap. It'll ruin the clear coat.
Not necessarily - You use a small concentration of dish soap to remove any old wax and MOST other crap. It's one of the base steps in truly preparing a car. You don't do it often or it WILL ruin your paint.

1. Wash using Dawn
2. Claybar
3. Wash regularly
4. Polish
5. Wax/Polymer-based
6. Wash again(don't have to - I find that misting with water then buffing out will provide a much better shine)

#11 ·
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 22 2003, 05:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 22 2003, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-anthony303@Jun 21 2003, 07:31 AM
CLAY BAR AND QUICK DETAILER

:thumbs [/b][/quote]
eeek!

No don't do that. The clay bar is only for light tree sap reside not golbules of tree sap.

Butter can soften the Tree Sap Globules and liquify then so that you're not risking putting in light surface scratches in your paint.

:driving

#14 ·
"goof off" or "goo gone". Use a q-tip to apply a small amount to soften the sap until if can be removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.