BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question will probly make me look like a fool but what the hell -
My firend found an automatic 325is but he wants it in manual. is there any way to change it? im not to sure but i hear its possible. how much would it cost? and is it possible for ANY car? :driving thanks!

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
it is possible but getting done right usually costs a bit. what area do you live in? maybe someone can help you out.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Possible but pricey depending on the price of the car you may be better off buying a stick. Can be done for any car that is made with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about a 300zx (nissan)? he wants manual but its in automatic. We live in maryland

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hm. My buddy had it done to his car. It ran him about 8500$... i have no idea how much it would be for a 300zx. The age of the car also would play an important role.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
LOL TO ABOVE POST $8500!!!!

Alright, the stuff you need you can order from Zionsville Autosport(google it, then call there number) cost about $1500, comes w/ EVERYTHING you need, then find a mechanic that will do it, and it should only be about $1000 labor...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I used to have a Z. A tranny swap is going to cost you from around 1,500-2,000 for parts and installation.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
8500 hahahahahah

·
Registered
179 Posts
my dad bought a 540i auto and wanted a conversion, he was quoted 5800, but thats a 540/m5 6-speed tranny which i have driven before (in anothr car) and OMG no wonder 540 6-speed costs more.

anyways its depends, the cost of the tranny may cost 1-2k and then modding the interior a bit . . . to fit the gear shift w/o makin look ugly wil cost a bit; plus install. how old is the car . . . it may be better to sell and rebuy a 5speed.

YES ANY CAR !!! just the price matters. ive heard of a 740i conversion even.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hmmm... i guess my buddy got taken to the cleaners, eh? I don't think ill be telling him that. I guess this is what you get for going to a mitsubishi dealer in Greenwich, CT to have your tranny swapped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts