BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car was running fine until last week i turned the car on in the morning and did not want to run it was like the brakes were on all the time. one of my friends told me that it looked like the transmission oil filter was cloged. so we changed it and used the same oil because the car has 121,000 miles on it and never changed the transmission oil. what could be the problem do i need a new trans. or shuold i take it a bmw dealer. need info please.
thank you forgot to say its a 1993 325i auto

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do you get a trans light on? -it looks like a geared wheel. It may be in failsafe/limphome mode, which would stick it in 3rd gear (I believe it's third)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but did not get no light on on the dash what should i do should i take to a bmw shop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but did not get no light on on the dash what should i do should i take to a bmw shop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by mbg@Jan 18 2004, 08:33 AM
i would like to know if the trans is fried or do i have to fix it completely or its just a small fix so the shop wont take me for stupid

·
Registered
434 Posts
It could be any number of things. I can't say without seeing it and testing it. The dealer would be the best bet. They should be able to get a good idea fairly quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts