BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my radiator in my 1995 525I. It's an automatic and I lost some trans fluid whene I what changing to radiator. How in the world do I add it back into the trans now? :banghead

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am assuming you mean "lost" by when you broke the cooler lines loose some came out? If so and you blocked them off you should not have lost much. First let the car get to operating temp, drive it around the block once or something. Then apply your hand brake, put the trans. in N, leave car running and pop your hood, pull the dipstick wipe it off and reinsert fully. Pull it back out and check the level, if it is whithin proper limits you have no worry, shut down and don't worry anymore. if it really is low then shut down the car find a funnel that will fit in the dipstick tube, that is where you add it by the way, and a small amount at a time add until full again. Thats it. BTW, once you add abit then reinsert dipstick and check as I told you before, do this until proper level is attained. Sounds like a pain but it really is not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also lost fluid when replacing radiator. The manual said no dip stick.When i opened the plug on side of tranny the manual said, more trany fluid came out. now i'm asking you how can someone over fill a tranny from a side mounted plug. The manual says to fill until it pours out. and to check it by sticking your finger in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts