BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced radiator, water pump, thermostat and both belts. Temp ran up on me and while going piece by piece fixing cooling system the trans failsafe program popped up. I also found out it had wrong battery in it when I bought it so I also changed battery. Would any of the above problems have cause the trans fail safe program? Unlike most cases mine shifts through all gears but a bit roughly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is called Transmission failure emergency protection program.

PS: this seems to be a transmission error. It should be a transmission error from the engine management system. When the engine system fails, the engine will automatically run in emergency mode to protect the engine, resulting in weak acceleration.
It is recommended to go to the 4S store for detailed computer inspection and troubleshooting.
Or you can try changing the air flow meter. I'm not sure, I think the best way is to go to the BMW 4S store.I don't think it is a big deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is called Transmission failure emergency protection program.

PS: this seems to be a transmission error. It should be a transmission error from the engine management system. When the engine system fails, the engine will automatically run in emergency mode to protect the engine, resulting in weak acceleration.
It is recommended to go to the 4S store for detailed computer inspection and troubleshooting.
Or you can try changing the air flow meter. I'm not sure, I think the best way is to go to the BMW 4S store.I don't think it is a big deal.
Was the Battery RESET to the car?{I know that this must be done.}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts