BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno why, my friend thinks that i over heated my tranny, I unno, what do you guys think...

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Oct 1 2003, 04:56 PM
I dunno why, my friend thinks that i over heated my tranny, I unno, what do you guys think...
uhhh ohhhhh shut down the car for 1/2 hour switch it back on.

If that doesn't work Take the negative battery cable in the trunk and unhook it for 5 minutes. That should shut down limp home mode. If the problem persists well you may have a funky slushbox. Did Peter Pan BMW give you a warranty at all? They're a bunch of whores if they didn't.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dun think we got a warranty....I did let it sit for about half an hour and got some burger king....then i got back in and it turned off after a minute...I have been considering selling my car because of these problems....i unno....i guess it isn't too bad, just the water pump and this, so far, but if something else happens i think i will sell it....we will see....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
nah man, dont sell it. i got my car as-is too. its just something i have to deal with. you havent run into anything truly major so its all good. just fix that water pump and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
the water pump is a cheap fix just buy an aftermarket one for like i forget how much but i know their cheap i sell them all the time

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Oct 1 2003, 07:02 PM
I dun think we got a warranty....I did let it sit for about half an hour and got some burger king....then i got back in and it turned off after a minute...I have been considering selling my car because of these problems....i unno....i guess it isn't too bad, just the water pump and this, so far, but if something else happens i think i will sell it....we will see....
Careful with getting lead footed until you get the problem diagnosed.... Tranny's aren't cheap but it does give out... you have the chance to swap in a manual :thumbs

·
Registered
497 Posts
yeah get ready, that tranny isn't cheap ($3K +) and pushin' it hard from now on is just going to weaken it quickly.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allright I never went to the dealer for the appt. I had made.......well the appt. was made for yesterday(the light had not come on again so I decided its not a big problem) well today the light came on twice...

What is happening is I drive along in Manual Mode when I have it in third and i shift it into 'D' position it is supposed to shift into fourth....well it doesn't it stays in third then the tranny light comes on....thats when it just locks itself into third(I have to shut the car off and turn it back on)

I made another appointment with the dealer to get it checked out...
Do you think I will need a new tranny....I sorta hope so cause it will give me the oppurtunity to put a stick in it.....if so, where could i find a manual tranny for a good price.....I know the dealer would pull every dollar out of my ass.....

Oh yeah.....and peter pan did not give us a warranty....too busy with tinkerbell.....(i know stupid joke)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BACK TO MY PROBLEM HERE!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts