BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
unless your on the track or going for style points, TC is your friend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The ASC+T (Traction Control) comes on automatically every time the engine is turned on.
The owner's manual does not specifically say you should run with it ON or OFF on a regular basis. I'd say it's up to you or your driving situation.
Since you live in Vancouver I would say it probably doesn't matter, with the exception of your present weather conditions.

Go up to the Mt. Seymour lot and play around with the system ON and OFF and see what each feels like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by 97328is@Jan 1 2004, 06:15 PM
thanks..i think i'll leave it on. but why do they give u an option for turning it off?
The reason there is an off option is if you get stuck in mud or snow and need to rock the car to get out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Really what series do these come in...I have a 94' e36 IS do I have one too...? where is it located switch?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by Eggrolled211@Jan 2 2004, 04:23 PM
Really what series do these come in...I have a 94' e36 IS do I have one too...? where is it located switch?
wasnt avalible untill 1996

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well that just sucks....Guess I don't have much benefit being a ghetto old 1994' ......

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The ASC in my 98 m3 does not come on automatically...

When the light is on...its on right?

Cuz i remember some confusion...people saying that when the light is off its on..

ARGH!

·
Registered
236 Posts
its always on, but the light comes on when it is being used, the light stays on when there is a malfunction or when you manually turn it off

·
Registered
50 Posts
OFF all the time, i too like the sideways driving. however i have pushed the car hard with the asc+t ON and i was very impressed with the way the system works

1 - 14 of 14 Posts