BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking my car has traction control because i want to be able to do a brakestand but the tires aren't spinning. Does my car have traction control? If so what cable do I cut to turn it off?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
brakestand.??? huh?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
do you mean torque braking before a launch? if so, i dont know if your car has enough power to do a decent sized peel out with the auto tranny. i'm not saying its weak, but my dads gs400 with a v8 and 300hp can only get a a short scattered peel out whenever i torque brake with traction off.

theres a chance your car has a LSD, although its not too likely since you have a automatic

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 18 2003, 03:36 PM
brakestand.??? huh?
Burnout...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying and it seemed liked the differential was just slipping.....the tires were chirping a little but not much......I seen a really good brakestand in a stock VW beetle......and i have more power than that......

·
Registered
878 Posts
i don't know if autos have it. there may be an ASC or ACS (i forget) down between your shifter and stereo. if you turn that off you can...but i think that is only in standards. besides...it's bad on your tires and car.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 18 2003, 07:16 PM
I was trying and it seemed liked the differential was just slipping.....the tires were chirping a little but not much......I seen a really good brakestand in a stock VW beetle......and i have more power than that......
maybe the beetle was a 5speed

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
... gah... dummy

Beetle is FWD and 1 wheel drive or open diff for non lamens

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
on an auto e46 im not sure about e36 you CAN'T rev the engine while in "N" and drop it to "D".....

the e-brake doesn't work either.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can push the little M on a button next to my shifter and drop it into first and rev it while holding the brake and it will chirp some but thats all.....then i can rev it up to as high as i want and push it forward into 2 then same then to 3 then same then to D which is 4 and i can dust a 98 mustang gt v8 5 speed......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts