BMW Werkz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie here and ive had 2 bmws in the past. one was a POS and the other was as reliable as hell (260k miles).

Im in the market for a car. Budget is $36k.

I was quoted $32k for a new 04 325ci 2 door.

I was also quoted a 03 new/demo porsche boxster w/ 4000 miles for $35k. Msrp on this car is $48k. So i think this is a good deal.

But i love bmw's. It is nice to have a free maintenance schedule and bmw's are alot more comfortable on the road since i do alot of driving. But Porsche sounds like a better deal.

Any thoughts???

Isnt bmw coming up with a totally redisigned 3 series in 2005? if thats the case, im somewhat worried since my "new" car will look old in 2 yrs.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
are you looking for new or used?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
buy the porsche, and then sell it, make a few thousand profit. then get the bmw

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Aug 27 2003, 12:51 PM
buy the porsche, and then sell it, make a few thousand profit. then get the bmw
good thinking there dount. sell the boxster and then buy the 325 and mod it :thumbs

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah if you can make profit of the porsche i would go that way

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by jasonreserve@Aug 28 2003, 01:03 PM
profit? i dont see how i can make profit. im looking to purchase so that i can drive it as an everyday vehciel hehe.
well if wanna make te profit from this. you buy the boxster and then sell it for more then you bought it for. then buy the e46 and then you'll have mod money for the e46 :thumbs

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The only thing I see that you should consider is cost of maintenance. The Porsche is probably going to cost more for routime maintenance than the BMW. If that's a factor for you then I say buy the Bimmer. If it's not a factor then test drive the two cars and compare them. Keep in mind that you'll be driving it every day, to/from work, etc. Which is more comfortable? Which would be less of a pain in traffic? Would you want to daily drive a Porsche, only getting a few moments where you can open it up and really enjoy the car for what it's worth? Would a larger car like the Bimmer, with a back seat, be more practical?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i have 2 other sedans (japanese) so i can use them for family hauling etc.
i am looking to get either boxster or 325ci for communting, weekend drive, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think the redesign of the 3 series is 2006 .... The Boxter is a nice car but I am a BMW fan :rock Good luck in whatever you choose ....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
didnt they already redesign the 3 series a lil? anyway, go with donuts idea. hes usually right on these type of things

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
E60 is the new 5-series platform

·
Registered
560 Posts
BOoOO.. dont get the boxter. The boxter isnt a real porsche. Please get the bmw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts