BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Chicagoland area, and I will be getting a 325xi in about a week, with the sport package!!! I was wondering what kind of tires would be good? I am looking for all season tires, that will also provide decent grip in the winter. Keeping in mind that i dont want anything bulky and raunchy looking. Any Ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
i live in PA, and we get a fair about move snow, and winter tires and rims are a must! my bro has a 02 330i with the SP, and he bought some replica rims, with michelin pilot alpins (17x7.5)...and it worked GREAT...handled 6inches of snow with ease, but if you have winter tires, get high perforamnce rubber for the summer rims!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the stock tires on the 330xi are not bad i would think?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@May 30 2003, 09:51 AM
the stock tires on the 330xi are not bad i would think?
they're all seasons, conti's most likely

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
xi models have a very good jump on all the other 3 series cars . but in all honesty (being the one guy on here that sees more snow than most) id get a set of winter rims and snow tires. sure your car will look kinda crappy a few months out of the year. but it the best way to protect yourself. and you can go and buy a decent set of tires to really enjoy the bimmer driving experience

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@May 30 2003, 10:12 AM
pirelli p7000 supersports are great all season tires B)
yes and no. only speaking from experience. they do well in moderate conditions. but any decent amount of snow or ice and your not gonna have a fun drive.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Since your car is stock I would assume it's runnin continentals...

Start runnin Bridgestone Potenza S03's if you wanna stick...

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by anthony303@May 30 2003, 07:00 AM
I live in the Chicagoland area, and I will be getting a 325xi in about a week, with the sport package!!! I was wondering what kind of tires would be good? I am looking for all season tires, that will also provide decent grip in the winter. Keeping in mind that i dont want anything bulky and raunchy looking. Any Ideas?
Is it a stick? If not... you are disgrace to the BMW community... I am also a disgrace because I have a slushbox... However all of my mods compensate for it so it's like whatever...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I am ashamed, but it is not stick. Parents don't want me to get a stick car, even though I am currently driving a stick silverado. What mods do you have on your car, that will compensate for it being a slushbox? Tire suggestions are still welcome!

·
Registered
736 Posts
S03 is the best.
comfort and performance.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by [TMD]Kit@May 31 2003, 08:13 AM
S03 is the best.
comfort and performance.
thats my next mod! my stock contis are shit...with DSC, i nail it pulling out, and the back end squirms a bit... :angry: id go for the dinan wheels (19x9.5 up front, 19x10 out back), but they are soooo dam expensive, over $1000 a wheel

·
Registered
736 Posts
good choice speedster but tires dont count a mod lol :)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by [TMD]Kit@Jun 1 2003, 12:36 PM
:angry: if you spend money on it, and it increases performance (handling) then its a mod! lol :help

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 1 2003, 04:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 1 2003, 04:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--[TMD]Kit@Jun 1 2003, 12:36 PM
:angry: if you spend money on it, and it increases performance (handling) then its a mod! lol :help[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
these are my tire........

I got them just for the looks... They are cheap and will problably wear out in like 3 months the way I drive but hey the look BadAss

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
forgot the pic they are Sumitomo HTR Z II

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
theyre sort o0f badass <_<

1 - 20 of 20 Posts