BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil change is comming up pretty soon......i need to bring it in to check the seals to make sure it can handle syn but the question is....how do i know which filter i have ? one has plastik the other has metal.....also how tight do i put the filter resevoirs cap back on and is there any special things that i need to be sure of before i change the oil? thanks

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by audiosolstice@Jun 8 2003, 11:22 AM
my oil change is comming up pretty soon......i need to bring it in to check the seals to make sure it can handle syn but the question is....how do i know which filter i have ? one has plastik the other has metal.....also how tight do i put the filter resevoirs cap back on and is there any special things that i need to be sure of before i change the oil? thanks
i heard you should only tighten the filter cap hand tight, but it wouldnt hurt to give it a twist or two with a wrench or something. as for the oil weight, i'm not sure, it depends on your climate, just ask your mechanic what he recommends.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
no lower than 91 octane buddy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all.....yeah 91 is what i thought too.....also....ti check see if i have the plastik or metal filter..should i open the resevoir to check or will oil and debris flood the engine and the garage floor?

thanks

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i dont think oil will come out if you open the filter reservoir...mayb a little bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts