BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what do the little bar thingy's mean? I am down to two yellow bar thingy's....I have put 6000 miles on the car from when I bought it, they were all lit when i bought it.....now I have new rear rotors and pads....my front pads are almost gone...what do the lights mean? what am I supposed to do when they get to a certain point?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Those are the oil change and inspection lights. Yellow means you really should change your oil/have the work done and have the lights reset. Red means you REALLY should have ALREADY changed the oil/had the work done and had the lights reset.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.....should I just take it to my local bimmer shop?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Dec 6 2003, 01:17 PM
ok.....should I just take it to my local bimmer shop?
Is it just the lights, or does it say 'INSPECTION' or something like that under it?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't say anything....just the lights.....do they just need reseting? because it has new tranny fluid, new coolant, just needs new oil, and front brake pads.....

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Dec 6 2003, 08:29 PM
Doesn't say anything....just the lights.....do they just need reseting? because it has new tranny fluid, new coolant, just needs new oil, and front brake pads.....
Get the oil changed, however you would normally do it. If you don't go to a certified BMW place then you'll have to reset the lights yourself. Either by purchasing a tool, or following the guide in the FAQ section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts