BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was alone, but apparently not. Now I must know.

WHO ACTUALLY HAS A LIGHT UNDER THE HOOD?

We all seem to have indentions for them, but no one seems to have one? Does anyone know why? We must find out!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I'm thinking. What else could it be for?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It doesn't look like there could be enough clearance to fit the light in. Maybe they put it in there then realized it wouldn't be practical. I found this other clip randomly sitting in my engine bay and was like :wtf is this thing. I'll post more tomorrow if I remove the hood insulation.

Kevin

·
Registered
129 Posts
No light, I was thinking about that a while ago... don't most cars have lights?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I have solved part of this Here are the part numbers

The first is the part for the light and the second is the light bracket. $20 for the both of them.

I'm in jackson MS right now, but I called the dealership back home in Little Rock and I've got the best BMW parts guy that I know of searching for more info. He said he could fax a copy of the light/bracket diagram to me but I don't have a fax machine. So if somebody does I could tell him to fax it there, so we can see what this thing looks like. IF you do have a fax machine and a scanner handy then IM me on AIM hji8032.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Originally posted by 007ben@Jul 9 2004, 02:34 PM
willit fit under the hood?

and are there wires there?
all of this unknown because I can't see the diagram. He said it looked like a flat panel, so it sounds like it would fit. He's going back to check all of the accessory books to see if theres one in there.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is DP or Wolfgang searching for it? DP is great. I can take fax until 6 or so eastern.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great. I'll go check it now. i've been on the fone for the past 10 minutes cuz I have nothing to do. Selling some stuff on ebay i know nothing about and had to call a buddy of mine to tell me what it is.

And because I'm at work, its for $8/hour.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got something.

its a light. Doesn't show any wires though. I'll scan it and uplaod it now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts