their trying to be like ferrari now.. look at those head lamps

·
Registered
990 Posts
st00pid corvettes... im not a fan

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
ya, the first time I saw that corvette I thought it was a Ferrari 360 modena that Peice of shit C6 is a copy cat peice of crap..... still using that same old ass 350 v8 motor they're so retarted they can't come up with anything better.... fockers

·
Registered
94 Posts
I could not agree with the Ferarri comment more. It was my first impression as well.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Jan 17 2004, 11:55 PM
..... still using that same old ass 350 v8 motor they're so retarted they can't come up with anything better.... fockers
Actually it is completly different than a standard 350 SB. It is an all almn. 346cid. The only part they might fit onto the LS1(or LS2 in the C6) from a standard 350 are spark plugs. Otherwise everything else is different from the intake to the to the oil pan. This is the other site I post on, I used to have a 4th gen F-body but had to sell it to pay off some bills. http://norcal-ls1.net/forum/index.php?s=

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Jan 17 2004, 11:55 PM
ya, the first time I saw that corvette I thought it was a Ferrari 360 modena that Peice of shit C6 is a copy cat peice of crap..... still using that same old ass 350 v8 motor they're so retarted they can't come up with anything better.... fockers
Actually, it's a 6.0 liter 365 cid block. Headlamps are not copied from Ferrari but from the Ferrari killing C5-R Corvette race team.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
i think it will be a nice ride

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by Ooomph@Jan 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Actually, it's a 6.0 liter 365 cid block. Headlamps are not copied from Ferrari but from the Ferrari killing C5-R Corvette race team.
My bad. I forgot that when the switched from the LS1 to the LS2 they upped the CID. From the outside they are identical, and most of the aftermarket LS1 parts will work with the LS2's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by AJ's320i+Jan 20 2004, 02:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AJ's320i @ Jan 20 2004, 02:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ooomph@Jan 19 2004, 07:57 PM
My bad. I forgot that when the switched from the LS1 to the LS2 they upped the CID. From the outside they are identical, and most of the aftermarket LS1 parts will work with the LS2's. [/b][/quote]
They do look identical. Can't wait to switch my blackwing over to the new one when I get it. :yup I'll be waiting until the new Z06's come out (500hp), so that should be in mid '06.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was talking about the engine blocks/heads. If you had one of each on an engine stand it would be hard to tell the two apart. Ooomph, have you checked out norcal-ls1.com? I've been a member on there since '00, back when I had my Z28. Even if you don't live in CA there is a great deal of info and knowledgable people on there. Plus most of us on there know each other so it has a very friendly and drama free feal, most of the time :p My SN on there is ajsZ28

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
Originally posted by Tagham_Vidar@Jan 18 2004, 01:45 PM
I could not agree with the Ferarri comment more. It was my first impression as well.
I agree, but I do love the car. I hate to inform you guys, but Corvettes are not only as good or better than ///M3s performance wise, they get better gas mileage too...

just food for thought... :poke

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by AJ's320i@Jan 20 2004, 04:59 AM
I was talking about the engine blocks/heads. If you had one of each on an engine stand it would be hard to tell the two apart. Ooomph, have you checked out norcal-ls1.com? I've been a member on there since '00, back when I had my Z28. Even if you don't live in CA there is a great deal of info and knowledgable people on there. Plus most of us on there know each other so it has a very friendly and drama free feal, most of the time :p My SN on there is ajsZ28
Cool, thanks for the site referral. I'll check it out. Never hurts to have more info from knowledgeable peeps. thanks again. :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by triggrhaapi+Jan 20 2004, 11:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (triggrhaapi @ Jan 20 2004, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagham_Vidar@Jan 18 2004, 01:45 PM
I agree, but I do love the car. I hate to inform you guys, but Corvettes are not only as good or better than ///M3s performance wise, they get better gas mileage too...

just food for thought... :poke [/b][/quote]
Hehehe yeah,

My stupid C5 auto gets 28-31 on the freeway (75mi trip to work every other day) and 23avg. in the city (can't keep my foot out of it).

It ain't super fast or anything but still, mid [email protected] and 30mpg freeway ain't too shabby for a crappy American pushrod motor :)

I hated the C6 at first, especially the rear end. Now it is really growing on me. I don't care much about the HP because with a cam swap I'd be damned close to 380rwhp, not 400 crank HP so i won't justify buying a new one based on HP alone.

Now when the Z06 comes out......... :rock

·
Registered
236 Posts
i think they finally got the look right - the new styling is nice, i'd like to get inside of one to see if it lives up to gm or if they've outdone themselves there too but all in all i think its a pretty hot ride (so far)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by triggrhaapi+Jan 20 2004, 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (triggrhaapi @ Jan 20 2004, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagham_Vidar@Jan 18 2004, 01:45 PM

just food for thought... :poke [/b][/quote]
heh, i'd love to see a corvette get better gas mileage. i wouldn't believe the specs from factory, because they are usually high (especially if u drive like me) and the vette is a much larger engine

·
Registered
560 Posts
yup... the z06 (c5 and c6 versions) outperfom the e46 m3 in every category including, speed, handling, braking and slalom. Im not the biggest vette fan, but if you like performance, its not a POS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dont know, i just cant get into that car, its too.. ricey looking with those projector like headlights..

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
i bet they offer it in automatic liek the friggin majority of the corvettes out there :-/

now that i see a comparison pic between the old and the new, i like what they did wit the rear. the old rear reverse lights reminded me so much of the 95-96 eclipse.
ugly

oh i dotn midn that the headdlamps r copies, btu i do liek them mroe than the odler pop-up ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts