BMW Werkz banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is that Box Car still up at, I think it was the top of Stunt? Had a few derelict moments up there in my youth. Don't know how I servived those days. We used to call that place "Top of the World". Awsome views.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I call it top of the world. I think trigg or deloriant refered to it as rim of the world, but i usually call it top. and no i don't think there is a box car still up there. what is that exactly tho?

·
Registered
233 Posts
There used to be a Locomotive Box Car on the right side of the lot. I think about 20 yards before foundation/basement where the house or something used to be.
On at leased one occation early 80's some guys got real ambitious and dragged a generator and a couple local Metal bands up there. Total Bust!! like that was going to fly.lol

I've been meaning to ask, is there any clubs around here that do auto-x? So far the closest I've found is CalClub that holds Solo events down in inglewood (getto). The canyon running is fun but, its also risky which definatly holds me back. I have also looked at racing schools to get some track time but thats kinda spendy. It seems like not too long ago events were being held all over the place. I can't find anything localy and am half tempted to try and organize some myself.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
bimmin, i have no knowledge of any clubs out here. i think that there are very few if any. you should definitely set something up. that would be awesome

·
Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by RealBMW 02@Oct 1 2004, 06:21 PM
bimmin, i have no knowledge of any clubs out here. i think that there are very few if any. you should definitely set something up. that would be awesome
[snapback]203095[/snapback]​

I think Iwill have to bite the bullet and do the CalClub for a short time to gain some knowledge to how these events are operated. I feel the recent decline of drivers clubs is due to the "ricer" drag racing trend. Which I really don't understand! But to each his own. This area should be prime for a drivers club and it amazes me that one does not exsist.
To pull something like this off will take a lot of time and effort. Do you think you guys could help out in putting something together?

There would be alot of foot work involved. A club would have to be created, organized and possible sanctioned (SCCA)?. Certain safety criteria would have to be reserched and addhered to. And locations would have to be researched, large parking lots, airports etc. Times & stats would have to be recorded tracked & published. Car classifications, the list goes on.

All I would want out of this is to drive and have some fun. I already own one business and I currently starting another and with this said my time schedule is pretty much full. But a drivers club could turn out to be proftable!

Think about it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts