BMW Werkz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I had a T9 phone I would text and drive, as long as there weren't other cars immediately around me. But now with a touch screen phone, I need to look to type, so I only text at red lights now, and only if it is urgent.

·
da_administrator
4,840 Posts
I still dont text. I wont until ATT doesnt REQUIRE for me to carry a 30/month plan for my Blackjack 2 that got grandfathered in to NOT have to have a smart phone plan.

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
When no one is near me and I don't even really look at the phone but yes it is bad :shifty

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
This remindes me of the picture of me being such a safe driver :rofl

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Guilty here, I do sometimes, but really short ones. Followed by "Driving" to let them know I'm driving. They need to ban it. And I need to STOP, it's a very bad habit, and someday something very bad could happen.

·
Mr. Clean
1,817 Posts
Everyone is worrying about texting and talking on the phone while driving but I ask what about sexting? I got a message today that I thought was a text but I was rather surprised to see it was a sexy photo instead followed by a rather...dare I say...provocative message.

I'd say it's about 50x more distracting than regular texting and 1000x more exciting. As a result I had a hard time focusing on the road as the image was burned into my mind...and it still is. Didn't focus at work to good either not that I think about it...

And I do believe sexting is in a different category than texting. Just wanted to make that clear. :D

·
Festivus yes, bagels no..
2,991 Posts
In the state of Utah it is officially illegal to text and drive. You can actually do up to 15 years in prison if you cause an accident while texting. I'm not kidding.

A dude in my home town killed a couple people because he was texting while driving. One of the most surprising parts of the story is, he only drifted over the line a few inches, clipped a car, the car then got broadsided and the occupants were killed. A few inches over the center line killed people.

I will never text and drive again.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I do it now, but it took me awhile to try since I changed phones about a year and a half ago. If I couldn't do it without looking then I wouldn't try, and I shouldn't at all because it is still a distraction.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't. Sometimes I read texts (if they're short enough and if there's enough space around me). Ever since the 2 times where unattentive ppl crashed into my car I'm trying to concentrate on driving. Still, ometimes it happens that I can't remember the last couple 100 yrds because I was distracted by thoughts/music/etc.
Distraction (and that includes distraction by drowsiness) is in my opinion really one of the biggest causes of accidents, and I especially try to focus at night because there's lots of wild animals on the roads. Gladly, I've never hit a single animal even thogh I've had about 150 crossings at night. When I drive home (with or without passengers) after a club night I always try to exactly remember the last mile or so. If I can't, it means I'm no longer focused, which means I stop the car and take 2-3 minutes to breathe fresh air and walk around.
I don't know for sure, but I think might have kept me out of several accidents.
Good night btw

1 - 19 of 19 Posts