BMW Werkz banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya -- I'm from Texas and just moved to Germany. I just bought my first BMW last week! 1988 325i silver convertible. Will post pics soon!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome!

Where in TX did you reside in?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Awesome! I reside in Fort Worth as of now, and it's unbearable over here :banghead

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UNBEARABLE??? LOL if you mean temp wise, at least you have A/C! You're lucky to find A/C here in Germany! :dunno Hehe, at least with a convertible, you can create your own wind! B) Fort Worth gets some knarly traffic jams at rush hour... I feel for ya!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I usually drive my beater around more than my Evo, and since it has no A/C, it's unbearable. But no big deal, only one more month left before cool weather breezes in B)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Want to switch places? I want to go where there are no fat chicks! Germany has the combination I want, which is fast cars and beautiful women. Well women that won't turn me down :p

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
why are you in germany

·
Registered
497 Posts
Leave Texas for Germany? Certainly the temps weren't a determining factor!! I am extremely jealous though, I'd rather be skiing too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hear you on the A/C. I lived in Korea for 4 years and no place had AC.
And at least your cars a convertible. My car's AC doesn't work and so I'm in the same boat as you my friend. But what sucks is that I'm stuck in traffic for an hour on my way home with no AC. That'll get really old when the temperature's up in the 100s.

·
Registered
560 Posts
you lived in korea without AC? What city had no AC? When i was there 4 years ago, every building had AC...especially the banks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
325i girl, lucky for you AC is a fairly easy fix. I bet your system just needs to be charged. Or maybe that thing for the AC that's under the hood (can't remember what it's called!) just needs to be replaced. My AC sure blows colder than the one on my old Buick! That's sure nice in the summer. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
well all the military buildings had AC of course but you go off base and the houses didn't have them. Most places didn't have them so it was rally rough especially since it was so humid over there. But then again we lived there back in 94-98 time frame. Maybe everybody has finally caught on to the a/c thing over there.

As for my car AC we're not too sure about what it's deal is. The shop told me that it could possibly be the evaporator or the little valve thingy on the evaporator. All said and done their estimate was around $1300 to fix the thing. But I think they were trying to scam me, because the day I took it in I was dressed like I had some money because I was coming straight from work. They gave me the estimate and I told them I'd pass on getting that done and just to do what I orignally wanted to get done which were the timing belts. So then I dropped the name of my boyfriend who pays for my car stuff and the next day they were singing a different tune on how much all the work would cost. He said they told him it wouldn't cost more than $500 so I we stopped going to that shop. Anyboyd in the Austin area, NEVER go to GERMAN AUTO!!!! If you want good work done I suggest this little shop called Soul Speed. But if you want more info I'll spill later. Dont' want this reply turning into a novel. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmm..I live in East Texas and I wouldnt move for the world...I beleive the air is actually alot better in Texas...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by DeefNDorf@May 27 2004, 04:32 PM
Hmm..I live in East Texas and I wouldnt move for the world...I beleive the air is actually alot better in Texas...
[snapback]121261[/snapback]​
Where at in east Texas do you reside?? :gulp
I used to live in Nacogdoches for years then moved to Houston..
Thanks
Robert :driving
Houston, Texas

·
Registered
26 Posts
where u at in germany? i visited for about 2 weeks a few years ago. was one of the greatest and most memorable experiences so far in my life. everything seemed cool and was awesome being there. i kinda wish i coulda have lived there. so many things are different but yet not bad at all. something to get used to, but better in many ways! :yup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts