BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I recently semi flushed my cooling system ie: ran water through it (no detergent) let it warm up emptied re ran water through it three times and then replaced coolant to 50-50. Since then my temp gauge stays cold for a VERY long time (15-20 min) before coming into the normal op. temp. range if at all. It does move but stays in blue. Any worries here?? What could cause that? oh 91 750il. Cool is better than hot but this cool?

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
How cold is it outside? This could be a factor.

Also, I think your car uses an electronically-controlled thermostat. If a sensor or other electrical connection is performing under par, it may affect the cooling system's control loop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Temp is in the 40's lately. Seems strange that a therm or sensor would go out right after a flush but who can predict right? well will be checking both.

Thanks

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Check your fuses..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check your fuses..
Checked fuses, at least the obvious ones all are fine. Where is the temp sensore located on an e32? There is a coolant level sensor on he resevoir tank but cant find any other sensors in the line or is that it?. (man I need a book for this car)

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Help Marti

Ok maybe I ride the short bus. I cannot find the cooling pipe that holds the sensors. I looked around the waterpump inlet/outlet hoses and nothing. Grrrrrr! any idea what part of the motor? front lower/upper, rear mtr, TRUNk?

Thanks

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
The part in the diagram is located at the rear of the engine from Bank 1 to Bank 2

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again guys, it turned out to be the connection. All is well in the cooling dept. again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts