BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about painting the chrome window trims and the door trimming....what kind of paint do u use? obviously it is best to go black, but what type of paint do u use? also does the paint u use for the trimmings differentiate from the door pillars? my door pillars are all faded and cracked and i want to give them a sharper look...i also heard that painting the front window trimmings is bad for some reason....why is that?

one more thing, painting the plastic rear valence (i have an 85 325 as u can tell, and i have those chrome bumpers with the plastic covering), can i also use the same paint as the trimmings?

i'm nub about it so please bear with me and give feedback....thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd be interested to hear what people have to say on this, I picked up various bits of black weatherseal in a scrapyard this weekend for £10 (front, rear windows, D's and top door rails)... anyone got special tips on doing this swap, it looks pretty easy on the doors but the front and rear look like they could be harder.

Also some chrome trim seem to be part of the car... I know the metal bumpers are fixed on solidly, but the doors seem to have chrome trim attached pretty well too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey thanks... probably I'll leave this job for a time when it actually stops raining. But I didn't know about that e30tech.com site way to waste even more time at work :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts