BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 323I with the premium package and wanted to know if I can amp the system in it or should I just replace everything. It sounds real good but it seems it peaks out and the speakers cant handle it or not enough juice to push them. :rock

·
Registered
11 Posts
check out a/d/s/ they design their products with BMWs in mind. they make great speakers (on par with dynaudio and focal) and decent amplifiers. A great feature with their amps is that they can recieve OEM speaker level outputs from your factory source (so you can save the ergonomics of your dash). The amps also have RCA inputs so if in the event that you want to upgrade your factory source (recommended) its just plug and play.

the a/d/s/ site
www.adst.com

a price list at evosport
www.evosport.com/product/mobile_elec/

the a/d/s/ bmw E46 upgrade manual
www.adst.com/pdfs/bmwe46.pdf

sounddomain's a/d/s/ CES showcase
www.sounddomain.com/news/ces/view_report.pl?vendor_id=ADS

·
Registered
11 Posts
This would be the ideal a/d/s/ setup for an E46:

Source: Denon DCT-Z1 or Nakamichi CD-700II
Speaker Amp: a/d/s/ PQ40.2 ([email protected])
Sub Amps (x2): a/d/s/ PQ40.2 ([email protected])
Subs (x2): a/d/s/ R12s
Sub Amp Gain (x2): a/d/s/ AC50 spliced
Fronts: a/d/s/ 641is
Rears: a/d/s/ 346is

400 watts @ 4ohms supplying the front and rear stages
1600 watts @ 4ohms going to the 2 12s. (400 watts per voice coil)

There is something to be said about an install that is done with a "brand image" that portrays the ability of a brands products in a vehicle. It is hard to come by a company that makes everything "well", perhaps Diamond Audio or Pheonix Gold along with a/d/s/ can cover all the bases better than most companies.

Obviously if you wanted the best amplifiers go after some BRAX, Zapco, or McIntosh Labs amps. Full range speakers, audition Dynaudio and Focal. As for Subwoofers, and I am more into SQ (sound quality) than SPL (Sound Pressure Level), I would take a listen to some Alumapro Alchemy MX or RX subs. For source units: Denon, McIntosh Labs, Nakamichi (although they aren't very reliable), or the more gimicky brands such as Eclipse, Clarion, or the trusted Alpine.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hmmm, i'll have to check out the ADS products. do they have them in stereo places where i can see them for myself?

also, moving to the audio section. :wink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts