BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am planning to install a jl 12w7 and amp to my carAnd also an in-dash dvd player with 2 screens. I was wondering if it will be o.k. if I power all of it with my current battery in my car. Or should I get an extra battery to run it all through?? Or change the current battery to an optimica yellow?? I also heard if u run too much power to the vehicle , you might need to also change the alternator.

out of the blue, how often should i get an oil change?? every 3,000 miles??

·
Registered
1 Posts
A 12 W7 requires a lot of power. What amp are you running on it? If you are running a jl audio 1000/1 and that is it, you can prob get by with a optima yellow or red top (yellow is better, more Cold Cranking Amps and recharges quicker) and a good capacitator (preferably 5 to 15 farads). The alternators in BMW's are good cause bmw's come with a lot of electrical features, and the car needs a high amp altanator to run on a normal basis. Anyways... dont get an altanator till u get the other stuff installed, if it doesnt sound good, you lights dim a lot, then you will prob need to get an altanator. But i definitely recommed getting the yellow top and good Capacitator.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
im running (2) xtant 1244 with a xtant x1001 (1000x1 watt) amp. also with an alpine headunit and the battery is doing fine. its only when i listen to music at a constant high volume when i can sense the battery being drained. (when headlights flicker). i dont think an extra battery is a good idea, but a good capacitor is the way to go.

oil changed depends; i use a synthetic oil which usual gets changed every 15,000 miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys, i just installed my system and i didnt use an xtra battery. i got a capacitor though. Its powered by a jl 500/1 amp. Sounds real nice .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts