BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have my M3 yet but hopefully soon ill have one im planning on a 2000 to 2002 stick,

Just out of curiosity not sayin im gonna do it but what would be a better upgrade a supercharger or a twin turbo. I am leaniong towards a supercharger because its always with the car it doesnt only kick in when you punch it :wink

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
if your going to get a 2001 and up model m3...they dont make turbos or twin turbos for them. they have expiremented with superchargers but fires and explosions have resulted. so thats an extremely unreliable path to take your car down. hell, they are still expirementing with regular CAI's. plus any type of forced induction will void that precious little warranty unless its a dinan product and dinan doesnt make that stuff for the m3...yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep the new m3s come with such high compression that a suprecharger would be asking for trouble. who knows maybe in the future? I would look for a nice e36 1995-1999 m3 and put a turbo kit. its probably even less money than a new m3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just wondering because AA tuning offeres 2 packages superchargers or twin turbos, im sure they must tune the car to accomodate the super or turbos because there pretty experieanced in Beamers

·
Registered
161 Posts
A company called ESS products will have a forced induction system for the 01-03 M3 in January. Max boast will be in the 6-7 pound range do to compression issues. Should get you about 420HP. That is really pushing the bottom end, but thats what performance guys do right?

http://www.esstuning.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts