BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the sunroof only going halfway up, and then stopping? I can't close it or open it from this position. It seems like there is something jammed inbetween the tracks or the motor isn't turning...!?!?! If anyone has had this problem, please give some advice...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Try holding the button up for about 10 seconds. This should initialize it-it may move up a little to indicate that it worked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..it helped a little, but it is not fully closed, about 1 inch away.!! do you think it could be the comfort relay? this is what other forums are saying, but my 4 windows are working, it's just the sunroof..?

·
Registered
434 Posts
What's a comfort relay? :p

Your cassette may be binding. They can be repaired, depending on what is wrong or course. You can replaced the sliders, but they are a major pain. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.
That might be your problem. Maybe you could open it up and inspect, lube, clean the rails and sliders, etc. Then it may not shut.......so.........

There may be a manual handle in your tool kit in the trunk, which should allow you to manually move the cassette, to override the motor. It will either fit into the motor, like a hex bit, or the motor should be removed and the tool used instead...one or the other, if you have a tool at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...I've tried using the tool, but it won't close all the way...oh well, i'll just get it fixed at the dealership..DAMN! Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts