BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bmw e36 93 tds which has total closure but sunroof doesnt close.bm say that this was disabled due to kids being trapped in them and having no saftey measures like the windows.i would like to enable mine but bm wont help with any info,can anyone shed any light

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome Russ :driving

did you just get the car? and do you have a owners manual for it? are you saying it doesnt close at all or just doesnt close using the one touch feature?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sunroof works ok,but wont close with locking sytem as the windows do.id like to find away to do it...on a fairly tight budget.on 1 or two web sites i have seen sunroof is suposed to close holdeg key in door to the left windows go up but roof stays open on mine.its a 1993 325 tds with quite high spec it has one button remote thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by russ@Sep 13 2003, 08:04 PM
the sunroof works ok,but wont close with locking sytem as the windows do.id like to find away to do it...on a fairly tight budget.on 1 or two web sites i have seen sunroof is suposed to close holdeg key in door to the left windows go up but roof stays open on mine.its a 1993 325 tds with quite high spec it has one button remote thanks
Mine's the same way and I have not run across any 'fix' in my travels..

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Talk to Matt the owner @ http://www.Umnitza.com

He makes a DIY kit for that specific problem in Pre 95 E36's

Around $20.00

·
Registered
497 Posts
I believe what that guy is offering is a one touch switch. What you are speaking of is the convenience closing feature in which bmw did offer on the later models... once they came up with a way to make it safe. It can also be operated from the key fob away from the car (later models). The programming for this feature is within the control module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO SOLUTION YET...ABOVE GUY HASNT GOT KITS YET SAYS A COUPLE OF MONTHS AWAY,ANY MORE IDEAS??PROGRAMMING IN MODULE?CAN IT BE ACTIVEATED?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts