BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are two 12s too much for a small 325is, im tryin to decide between two 12s or two 10s. Anyone have either, do they like them?

·
Registered
569 Posts
2 12's would sound nice in that car, I would do it!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I like one 13". 2 12" will be nice though

·
Registered
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes JL Audio came out with the w7 13.5...Badass speakers..I have 2 of the Kicker Solo X 18's on display at work..THOSE ARE MONSTERS!!! 100 lbs each, 10,000 watts each, 1200 bucks each!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Two 10" will be fine,Two 12" will be even better hits hard etc....BUT don't plan on grocery shopping with your IS cuz ain't gonna be room for shiet...plus its heavy.....I just sporting One 12" eclipse. Better then 10" Not as good as Two 12" but just enough....Even One 12" in small q-logic box is taking up tooooooooooooo much space.....up to you though

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have two 10's jl subs with a jl amp and the bass knocks pretty hard. i think 2 10's are cool but a bigger size would be better but more risky since it leaves no room in the trunk and it would be a bitch if you need to get ya spare tire out. if you want monster bass you should go for the jl w7 sub.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
just mentioning again, that my box, which is for sale, does not inhibit spare removal....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would go with 2 12s, simply because the 10s lack the depth that the 12s are capable of. There are some 12s that can work VERY well in a box the size of a large box for a 10" speaker, just keep that in mind when buying the speakers (if your worried about size and weight)

If you (for some reason) wanted to go with a pair of 10s, you can design a pretty good ported box to really thump out the low notes, but box size will get back up there in doing so. (I'd get the 12s :D )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts