BMW Werkz banner

sub wiring

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
hey, i got an infinity basslink and i am going to splice into the rear speakers for the signal....my question is do any of you know which color wires coming out of the amp in the trunk are for the rear, or wouldn't it really matter?

and also i need to install a fuse holder and connect to the battery, since the batt's in the trunk should i just hook onto it there?

#2 ·
First off, just go right to the battery from there, Beemer's sure do have a way of making subwoofer installation easy :clap2 . Second, what kind of Beemer do you have?

Otherwise, My 96 318i had Green, Yellow, Brown and Blue for the rear speakers, the Brown and the Green were to the tweeters. I would suggest using the Yelow or Blue to hook your BassLink up to because they would have a full audio signal and not just the Highs from the Amp. Hope this helped!

#3 ·
By the way, I am diggin the HomeStarRunner Icon you got going on...Strongbad is the man...

#5 ·
according to my books wiring diagram your wires are:

right (+)=blue/violet
right (-)=blue/green
left (+)=yellow/violet
left (-)=yellow/brown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.