BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed2 This @$$FU*[email protected]#&$)@ told my dad that the M3 is a bullet and shouldn't be given to a teenager as a first car. He also said that the M3 requires an "experienced" driver. Now I have to convince my dad all over again, that the M3 is the perfect car. All that begging gone down the drain!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Good, he was right. Thank God your dad listened too. You've probably had your licesne all of a day and a half. Get some more experience behind the wheel first, then get the M.

·
Registered
26 Posts
agreed ... learn to crawl before you start running ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
well put

how long have you had you liscense? how old are you?

i think its important to relize the limitations of a average car before you own a high performance car

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by alanh@Dec 14 2003, 04:10 PM
well put

i think its important to relize the limitations of a average car before you own a high performance car
30 ... been driving for roughly 15 years ... not just the car's limitations but your own as well ... the only things you can control on the road are yourself and your car ...

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
honestly they are all right, i tottally understand why your pissed, i would be too , but consider that probability of you crashing your car, dude that would suck hard . see if maybe you can jump into a 330 and later turbo or supercharge the sucker,

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
what year m3 were you looking at? either way, its probably still too much car for a unexperienced driver. what are you gonna do with all that power anyway?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
as much as that sucks for you its true, the M3 is way to much car for a teenager, let alone one that is just turning 16. Have your parents send you to a racing/driving school a few times, get a 325 or 330 and in a few years upgrade.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys are probably right considering you have more driving experience than I do, but I feel that I can handle the M3 considering I have driven my moms car at pretty high speeds illegally :devil :devil :devil :devil

·
Registered
24 Posts
Illegal=bad :cry

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Originally posted by M3Rider@Dec 15 2003, 11:09 AM
you guys are probably right considering you have more driving experience than I do, but I feel that I can handle the M3 considering I have driven my moms car at pretty high speeds illegally  :devil  :devil  :devil  :devil
take it from some one who knows. its too much car, you will be lucky if u can outlast me.

lets do some math

Me= 16years old
1st car= 85 535I
122mph speeding ticket.

122mph speeding ticket = 650$, license suspension for 5 months ( under "imidiate threat")

650$ ticker
90$ 8 hour "criminal drivers ed" as i like to call it
+ 300$ license reinstatement fee
1040$ spent in one week, to get my license back

now i like to think im a good driver. and i am. but i look back at it all, having a member of the class die on the same stretch of highway when her car rolled at 65 mph. and 2 of my friends friends die in a car accident @ 70 mph. i woullda been screwed @ 122mph. i had my license for 3 1/2 months before this all. lets see if you can outlast that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
(alanh @ Dec 14 2003, 04:10 PM)
well put

30 ... been driving for roughly 15 years ... not just the car's limitations but your own as well ... the only things you can control on the road are yourself and your car ...
not you...the kid

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by Hoppy's535i+Dec 15 2003, 10:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hoppy's535i @ Dec 15 2003, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-M3Rider@Dec 15 2003, 11:09 AM
you guys are probably right considering you have more driving experience than I do, but I feel that I can handle the M3 considering I have driven my moms car at pretty high speeds illegally  :devil  :devil  :devil  :devil
take it from some one who knows. its too much car, you will be lucky if u can outlast me.

lets do some math

Me= 16years old
1st car= 85 535I
122mph speeding ticket.

122mph speeding ticket = 650$, license suspension for 5 months ( under "imidiate threat")

650$ ticker
90$ 8 hour "criminal drivers ed" as i like to call it
+ 300$ license reinstatement fee
1040$ spent in one week, to get my license back

now i like to think im a good driver. and i am. but i look back at it all, having a member of the class die on the same stretch of highway when her car rolled at 65 mph. and 2 of my friends friends die in a car accident @ 70 mph. i woullda been screwed @ 122mph. i had my license for 3 1/2 months before this all. lets see if you can outlast that. [/b][/quote]
M3 rider this is good stuff to know, because not only will you have to fight for your licence but if you do get busted like this than your insurance company will either not insure you or they will make the rates so outrageous that you couldnt afford to drive

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
yes police go down hard on kids, if it was like my dad doing it. he woulda gotten the ticket and sent on his way. i was lucky they didnt impound the car. they had the right to impound the car, throw me in the squad car and flat out arrest me. the only reason they didnt impound the car was because my dads name was on the registration so the cop probibly figured it was my dads car and didnt want to take my dads car. and didnt arrest me because i was wicked respectfull and a total kiss ass. and having emotional break downs when he wasnt looking.

on a lighter note the 3 best responses from lawyers when we told them the story was "What was he driving a F***ing cessna!" "You mean, he.... pulled over?" " How did they catch him?" :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm 16 going on 17 and my dad is paying for everything except for the 2500 down payment which i have :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, Hoppy, how high is your insurance now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by alanh@Dec 15 2003, 11:56 AM
(alanh @ Dec 14 2003, 04:10 PM)
well put

not you...the kid
oh .... oops ...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I currently drive my dads car, a 2001 nissan maxima which he will return in may and get a new maxima. He claims the Maxima is maintanence free, which i have to see is quite true. Sometimes if I'm lucky I take out my mom's LS430 which is the smoothest car PERIOD, but she will end up getting an E500 4Matic in june. 4Matic because of the snow here in New York.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I want to jump in........ (but nicely) <constructive criticism>
At your age, temptations and peer pressure are nearly ungovernable. Having an M3 at your age is obviously one of the coolest things to have as a kid but it could very well be your worst. And in my opinion it is. The reprecussions of what you would most likely do with that car would haunt you forever. Just listen to the words of the wiser elders in this forum who speak from experience. Hoppy was pretty fortunate in that he got off as easy as he did. You can actually get thrown in jail for speeds like that now a days. I'm not sure exactly what his age is but I'm sure it far surpasses yours (no offense Hoppy). What I mean is that in his day at your age, cars weren't quite as powerful from the factory and the law didn't crack down on kids quite as hard. Not to mention insurance rates weren't near as bad. You have to look at one important factor. What is the M3 designed for? High speed driving and corner carving. What are you going to use it for? Use your younger years learning how to drive (you haven't even started to really learn) and then after you've busted your butt through school and earned enough money through hard sweat and tears, buy your own. Only then will you truly begin to appreciate what all of these wise people have shared with you.... because you lived to enjoy the rest of your life. :thumbs good luck in school !

1 - 20 of 76 Posts