BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of installing strut bars - both front and rear. Do they really stabilize the car when cornering?

Also, I imagne I'd have to cut the fabric opeen in the trunk to install the rear ones.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
yes they really stabilize the car, just be sure to not get the really cheap and thin ones. and yes your probably gonna have to cut into the trunk fabric to install the rear one

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
the rear does not need any extra kind of reinforcement from the shock mounts, it wont make any significant difference. the front strut bar, however, is a very good mod and you will feel a nice improvement in stability and less body roll. Un-hinged bars work the best, but hinged is better than no brace at all.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i agree with MrM3. i just recently installed the e46 M3 strut brace on mine. i can feel the difference when cornering. my brace may not be the best brace out there, but it was the only one that i liked. you will have no regrets to do this mod.

i really don't see a need for the rear brace, but if you want it, then go for it.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I dont understand the whole hinged bar thing. Doesnt that defeat the purpose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts