BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know about those strobe signal/reverse lights?.....i know they definately arnt legal.....i thought they were only for construction/emergency/police vehicles....but last week i seen 2 cars with it...one was an ML benz with strobe reverse lights....and the other was some next car with strobe signal lights....hot shit...any info on that?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
That's a first for me on bim's..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
they are illegal to install, but anyone can purchase them.

Ive been considering adding an additional horn to my car. The one Im looking at is a 4 in 1 siren that includes police, ambulance, and firetruck sirens plus a tractor-trailer airhorn (the one i really want). Not a bad price; $30 for the whole unit, and that includes a separate box with toggles for each sound.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I sell the Whelen brand of strobes which is the exact company that goes in most emergency/rescue/police vehicles...They are the real deal not some cheap Autozone strobes that will only last a couple months and don't stay in sequence...These strobes are very fast, bright and stay in sequence! You could get the 2 bulb kit for the rear, not sure if you have to have a control box(probably do), but I know in order to make them come on as the reverse lights, you must diode isolate them to make it work. I can find out exactly what needs to be done, If you want the real deal and want the quality you will probably spend around 250 installed for this if installed by a professional and done right. I can get exact prices tomorrow, also check some internet sites, I am sure there is some wholesale house somewhere that sells this stuff cheap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts