BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a stress bar for my 2003 325xi. Anyone have any recomedations, I was thinking maybe racing dynamics, but not sure yet.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by anthony303@Jun 6 2003, 08:48 PM
Looking to get a stress bar for my 2003 325xi. Anyone have any recomedations, I was thinking maybe racing dynamics, but not sure yet.
mine is a racing dynamics.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a quote of $266 with shipping, is that a reasonable price, and has anyone here ordere from www.bavauto.com if so were you happy with the service?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nikis-Place has the best customer service and you can get better deals anywhere else....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
look into a Sparco strut brace. theyre unhinged and its only costing me $96, but thats only for a E30 application

·
Registered
74 Posts
MrM3,

We have some very good quality danish made strut bars at $170,25 including shipping.

If you want can I make a good price on an ACS strut bar.

·
Registered
281 Posts
all my life i have waited for this page to appear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want a truthfull answer from anyone here who has a "strut brace"
does it make any different to a car with the normal factory springs and suspension????

ie, would i notice a different if i just put one onto my car with NO other mods?

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
No.

I doubt anyone who isn't tracking their car to its maximum stock potential would notice a difference. A much better and more noticeable route to start off with is the springs and shocks part of the suspension component. Springs and shocks would be great. If you got the money, coilovers ideal. I dont know if you plan on tracking or not, but it will effect your rid comfort depnding on the types of sprigns and shocks.

Good Luck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by ///M Power@Apr 1 2005, 04:23 PM
No.

I doubt anyone who isn't tracking their car to its maximum stock potential would notice a difference. A much better and more noticeable route to start off with is the springs and shocks part of the suspension component. Springs and shocks would be great. If you got the money, coilovers ideal. I dont know if you plan on tracking or not, but it will effect your rid comfort depnding on the types of sprigns and shocks.

Good Luck
[snapback]323090[/snapback]​
Yes.

Any time you increase chassis rigidity, you will notice it. There is some flex between the shock towers even on a brand new car. You will notice that the car tracks better under spirited driving even with no additional modifications.

Have fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by storme@Apr 2 2005, 12:55 PM
1 each in favour then any more
[snapback]323829[/snapback]​
Are there any issues with warranty applications or service at the dealer once you've installed the bar?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts