BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members!!

I'm reaching out to you with hopefully someone being able to shed some light on my strange situation with the stock alarm in my 323.

2 weeks ago, the alarm began to go off for no reason at certain times of the day, (everyday at the same time) when parked on my driveway or in front of my car. it goes off at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. and that's it. Never again. Never at night time or if I park it somewhere else at those time. the first few days I really didn't notice the "time frame". But then it occurred to me to be strange that even with no traffic on the street it would still go off. I turn it off, but a few second later it would go off again, turn off and then fine until the next time frame listed above. Is it possible that it is picking up some sort of radio interference or is it a freaky way of it to show signs of malfunction? I have never tempered with the alarm, don't even know to be honest how to adjust the sensitivity or such.

Any thoughts?

Please share

Thank You

· Registered
36 Posts
the alarm on my dads e39 530 rings randomly, i had it a few weeks back went to visit him and at 2 am i heard it in his apartment. if someone can help you it would help me out as well hopefully.

· 42, The meaning of life
2,399 Posts
If you have the opportunity over the weekend. Make a point of being in a different location to see if the problem persists there. Given that you know the approximate times that it is going off this shouldn't mean spending long periods sitting around a parked car to see what happens. If it does persists away from home, try changing the clocks within the car to see if it is somehow related them.
Are you anywhere near an airport or something else that has a medium powered source of radio energy, cell tower etc?
Sounds like a weird fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.