BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to replace my stereo. someone mentioned eclipse. the bmw dealer said if i wasn't going to go with the overpriced bimmer stereo ot go for an alpine b/c alpine makes the bimmer stereos. is this a safe bet? also i have heard of people having issues after putting in an aftermarket stereo. can you screw your car up doing so? should i take it somewhere or do it myself?
also, the more euro look clear turn signal covers are sweet. where can i find them?

thanks,

:devil

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
you will be fine adding a stereo. If you dont have the know how and some tools, take it to a shop for installation. Speakers you should do yourself however. Alpines are great, but if you want an eclipse its not a bad choice by any means.

You can find clears at the dealer for about $35 per, shitty ones at prostreetlighting for about $25 for both, and just about any online bimmer store.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
aftermarket stereos won't screw up anything unless someone screwed up during installation. if you aren't confident enough to do it yourself, by all means take it to a pro.

i have a POS aftermarket stereo (aiwa, "gift" from previous owner). it hasn't screwed up the car. the stereo just sux all by itself.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
they only thing i can see you messing up is the charging system (long term affect) read the FAQ about chargins systems in the FAQ forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts