BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 328is that has an aftermarket JVC head unit.
The front factory speakers are still there (2 in each door, 1 in each kick panel).
The rears have been replaced and whoever put them in, connected the high & low wires together and hooked them to the new rear speakers.

Doing a search here, it seems that most suggest to eliminate the factory amplifier, is this correct?

Can I simply connect all the speakers directly to the JVC head unit?

If yes, do I connect the FRONT door speakers and kick speaker together on their respective channel (LF & RF) or, do they need to run through a crossover to receive their correct signals???

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
I have a 1997 328is that has an aftermarket JVC head unit.
The front factory speakers are still there (2 in each door, 1 in each kick panel).
The rears have been replaced and whoever put them in, connected the high & low wires together and hooked them to the new rear speakers.

Doing a search here, it seems that most suggest to eliminate the factory amplifier, is this correct?

Can I simply connect all the speakers directly to the JVC head unit?

If yes, do I connect the FRONT door speakers and kick speaker together on their respective channel (LF & RF) or, do they need to run through a crossover to receive their correct signals???
I, too, installed a JVC head unit, but I left the factory amp connected, also added an blaupunkt subwoofer with no issues @ all!

jb

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking into it, I found that the front speakers are Nokia (doesn't sound german).
There is an upgrade in the works, let me know what you think about this combo.

Rockford Fosgate T152S up front
(5.25" low/mid in the kicks & 1.00" tweet in the doors, 100w RMS)

Rockford Fosgate T1652S in the rear
(6.50" low/mid & 1.00" tweet, 100w RMS)

Alpine MRP-F600 4ch. amp
(100w RMS x 4)

Rockford Fosgate P3D210 subwoofer
(10.00" in the trunk, 400w RMS, 2 ohm)

Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp
(500w RMS @ 2ohm)

I can get all of this new for about $730.

Anyone mixed the Rockford Fosgate speakers with Alpine amps?
Any issues?

· Registered
13 Posts
Fostgate and Alpine combined will definetly sound right, go 4 it.

I have the same issue with the door speakers. also have the JVC Headunit but I cant find the AMP to connect the door spekaers, only have the front and rear speakers working. Where is the amp located?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.