BMW Werkz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my steering wheel has been shaking, i thought it might be a bent rim because of an incident i had with a parking space and a curb and me being a retard, but then it only shakes every once in a while so its not a rim, what is it?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
alignment...balance

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
welcome to the club. This is the official sign that your car has reached its midlife crisis

A car as old as mine has athritis

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That incident made me think i had a bent rim, because i had a bent rim before and the steering wheel shook then. But then i realized it wasn't a bent rim

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 22 2003, 09:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 22 2003, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Furious@May 22 2003, 08:27 AM
seized caliper.
mark...just an observation...but you always think the problems are in the brakes (caliper clips, etc) :lol: [/b][/quote]
I noticed that too.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
either that or go to driving school... how old are you?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape+May 22 2003, 09:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedTape @ May 22 2003, 09:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Furious
@May 22 2003, 08:27 AM
seized caliper.

mark...just an observation...but you always think the problems are in the brakes (caliper clips, etc) :lol:
I noticed that too. [/b][/quote]
first of all what the hell do you guys know. haha :lol: j/k. second of all you guys are observing to hard. just wait untill he gets the diagnosis back. youll see it aint an alignment job. ;)

G

·
Originally posted by Furious+May 22 2003, 12:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Furious @ May 22 2003, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Furious
@May 22 2003, 08:27 AM
seized caliper.

mark...just an observation...but you always think the problems are in the brakes (caliper clips, etc) :lol:

I noticed that too.
first of all what the hell do you guys know. haha :lol: j/k. second of all you guys are observing to hard. just wait untill he gets the diagnosis back. youll see it aint an alignment job. ;) [/b][/quote]
okok...we'll see, but i got a really ugly sig for you if its not that caliper problem :lol:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
lol i really doubt its alignment, really unless it was a very unusual case that would just make the car pull or create stress between the tires and cause the car to handle horrible. What it most likely is, is a a unbalanced wheel. You most likely do have a bent rim, but if the rim is still drivable its not the actual bend that makes it shake its the change in wieght distribution. And about him thinking its always brakes... cause a lot of the time it is. Parts are small and take some of the most abuse. They get dirty and all the parts move under lots of pressure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts