BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

my e34's steering wheel is boring to look at - it has an embossed bmw logo in black.

Ive noticed that a lot of vehicles that are even older than mine have a color roundel in there.

My question is where can i find a roundel that size to put in there or does anybody know the part number to the steering wheel logo on an early model e39 (as i think those are the same size)

THank you!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ebay measure the roundel i saw it on there somewhere..

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Dealers have various sizes of the roundels and they are not that expensive.
That would work better than ebay, if you drive down to the dealer, pick up the various sizes and try them on the steering wheel to see if they look right.

One concern though, you don't have the circle indentation on your steering wheel, so I wonder if the stick-on roundel might look okay or not.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, there is an indentation, and then the embossed logo is within that, so I was hoping to find a roundel that is 1.5" in dia. to stick over the embossed logo, without going outside of the indentation on the steering wheel... thanks for the advice though, i'll head down to the dealer monday :)

btw - checked ebay, all they had was hood / trunk roundels, a 1 3/16, and a 1 3/4" :(

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hmmm....I was thinking, how about the ones for the wheels? If they fit, they are even cheaper! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts