BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 94 318i, and when i'm driving at a slow or fast speed, i hear this squeaky noise, which i assume is the brakes or something. It is really annoying and makes my ride sound and look cheap. Before i take it to a mechanic, i wanted to get the expert opinions of you bmw owners in this forum. :)

thanks a bunch

Jo Mama

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
your question is way to vauge. a squeak is vauge enough , but thats all you given as info. fast or slow doesnt help either. do you have any more info to help us with?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How intricate do you want the detail? ok here we go, when i'm going 10mph it sounds like this "squeak......................squeak..........................squeak. When i'm going at a higher speed like 65mph it goes... "squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak"! Get the picture bro. There's not that much detail to give other than that.

thanks

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
does it go away while you are braking?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it sounds like its coming from the front wheels, that is why i mentioned that it sounds like its the brakes. But i'm not entirely sure. It's definetley not coming from the inside, thats for sure. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I just dont want some dirty mechanic telling me its this, and that and this and that, this and that and this and that and ending up costing $$$$$$ if you know what i mean.

thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like a squeak I had by my rear tires a couple of years ago. I also thought it was the brakes but it was a gasket like thing that went around the shock absorber if I remember right. Not expensive to fix. You can see it if you look into the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks tweetee,

that sounds about right. how much did it cost ya to fix? can i do it myself? any suggestions on how? thanks a bunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts