BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a previous post to this topic, please point me to it.

If not, what's the best method to get rid of that damn squeak! My buddy is fed up with it.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
You should be able to get Jurid brand pads from the dealership. The ones that are more prone to squeek are the Textar pads. If you don't specify, you'll get Textar.
If the rotors are worn, as in having a deep ridge on the edge, then that can aid in the noise.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Go buy some of 3M's copper colored anti-seize/lubricant. It's in a white metal can. Wire brush the dust build up from the caliper/pad mounting points. Coat the back of the pads and the ends that touch the caliper with this stuff. It'll never squeak again. I have used that miracle stuff on EVERY brake job I have ever done and never a chirp. I used to average 5-10 BMW brake jobs a week and NEVER had one come back. When the X5 came out there were many complaints about intermittent squeaking. Nobody knew exactly why. I'd put some of this stuff on there and it went away. problem solved. Swear by that sh**

Now, do not get this confused with a constant squeal or grinding. This is usually indicative of worn pads/rotors or severe dust accumulation or other debris.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good answer!
Thanks extech :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts