BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the sport package. It includes 17" wheels with 235/45 tires, "M" logo on shifter and "M" logo 3 spoke steering wheel (instead of the normal 4 spoke wheel) and a stiffer/lower suspension. Also, it will have shadowline trim (black window moldings on the doors instead of the chrome ones)

FYI, the Sport SEATS are seperate from the Sport Package. Some think that because they have the sport seats that they have the sport package but they are not a part of the package itself. (sport seats are the ones that have the adjustable lower thigh support)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Steering wheel

·
Registered
537 Posts
um maybe its the year but i have the sport package and don't have the sport wheel or shifter (but its and auto) :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do You konw if that applies for the 99 528i as well... because I am buying one from a dealer that claims that it has the sport package but it has 16in wheel's its got a 4 spoke stearing wheel, no M badges anywere, and regarding the lower suspension i can't tell if it has it or not... theres the pic please let me know!!!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by leobmw@Oct 8 2003, 09:28 PM
Do You konw if that applies for the 99 528i as well... because I am buying one from a dealer that claims that it has the sport package but it has 16in wheel's its got a 4 spoke stearing wheel, no M badges anywere, and regarding the lower suspension i can't tell if it has it or not... theres the pic please let me know!!!!
Mine IS a 1999. See the chrome trim around the windows on the one in your picture? Not a sport. 16 in wheels and the ride height? Not a sport. Black is my favorite color though. I almost bought a car identical to that one but this car was better equipped at a better price.

The dealer I bought from tried to claim mine also had the Luxuary package because it has the DSP radio and the power rear sunshade (but it does not have the lux package)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by alanh@Oct 8 2003, 09:34 PM
um maybe its the year but i have the sport package and don't have the sport wheel or shifter (but its and auto) :D
the 2001's and newer, not sure about 540's, dont have the M steering wheels. but the sport package will always have 17" wheels on the 525/530's

·
Registered
537 Posts
*steering wheel* not wheels sorry i do have 17's

but once again MrM :thumbs 3 saves the day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts