BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By AUTOWEEK
ALL PHOTOS © 2004 BY JOHN JOHNSON

BMW was set to reveal to the world its 1 Series at the Geneva Motor Show in early March, but we hear that debut has been pushed back to the Paris show in October. Regardless of its official unveiling, we have the first-ever on-road look at the little Bimmer, courtesy of our intrepid spy shooter who spotted this 1 Series undergoing winter tests in Sweden.

The car is slated for launch late this year with the five-door, shown here, first out of the blocks. A three-door will follow six months after that. An interesting feature seen in these pictures is the small rear hatch, making it look sportier than the Volkswagen Golf, one of its main competitors.

Power in Europe includes a variety of gas and diesel engines; there are no announcements yet on U.S. specs. Expect prices to be about 20 percent less than a 3 Series, putting it in the $25,000 neighborhood. Can a 2 Series be far behind?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I donno if i like it :unsure: What if they decide to "///m" it? I think it would be quite different the the m1 hehe

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
we difinatly need another ///M1 :driving

·
Registered
224 Posts
a new M1 would be the shit but must be released right after the first few 1-series cars :clap2 :lol: :idea2 :cheers :thumbs :yup

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by dubumb@Feb 3 2004, 10:50 AM
I donno if i like it :unsure: What if they decide to "///m" it? I think it would be quite different the the m1 hehe
well if they did it would most probably change to a 2dr makin it an M2 right ?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts